The cold rumors are true. The Disneyland Resort announced today that the “Frozen” takeover of Disney California Adventure is set to debut on January 7, 2015. There will be many changes coming to Hollywood Land to turn the rather quiet spot in the park into the ever popular Arendelle for the season.
Some of the offerings for the limited-time ‘Frozen Fun‘ experience announced in a press release include:
- “For the First Time in Forever – A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” – The Muppet*Vision 3D theater in Hollywood Land has been transformed for this event into the beautiful Crown Jewel Theatre from Arendelle. You’re invited to step inside and join the Arendelle Historians – along with special appearances by Anna, Elsaand Kristoff – for a fun and comedic retelling of the unique history of their kingdom, filled with delightful, sing-along moments from “Frozen.”
- “Olaf’s Snow Fest” – Stage 17 in Hollywood Land plays host to an immersive winter wonderland straight out of the Kingdom of Arendelle, complete with a giant snow play area and musical performances by The Frolicking Fjords and The Tubadors. You can glide down a snow slide, build a snowman of your own and visit everyone’s favorite snowy pal, Olaf, and give him a warm hug. “Olaf’s Snow Fest” has so much to offer, from beautiful photo opportunities to scrumptious treats and special “Frozen” souvenirs. It’ll be a great spot for making memories that’ll warm your heart.
- Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post – Head back outside, and nearby you’ll find Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post, where you can pick up the latest “Frozen”-inspired apparel, plush, toys, mugs and more.
- “Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome” – Anna and Elsa, the beloved sisters from “Frozen,” move from Fantasyland to an elegant new location inside the Disney Animation attraction at Disney California Adventure park, where you can meet them as part of a special royal greeting. The colorful and varied display in the Animation Courtyard will also now include scenes and music from Disney’s Academy Award-winning blockbuster hit, “Frozen,” and at Animation Academy, a Disney artist asks, “Do You Want to Draw a Snowman?” It’s a unique opportunity to learn how to draw your very own sketch of Olaf or Marshmallow.
- “Freeze the Night! A Family Dance Party” – Each evening, you’re invited to “chill out” in Hollywood Land with music, dancing, interactive fun and more in this new, family-friendly experience. You’ll arrive at the party through an icy archway to find wintry décor, dazzling lighting effects, cool photo spots, yummy treats and frosty beverages for all ages. Throughout the night, a giant thermometer registers the drop in temperature, as things get so cool they ultimately reach the freezing point when everyone lets it go in a spectacular “Frozen Fun” crescendo!
In addition to the “mini-land”, Disneyland Park will be getting frozen over with three new additions –
- “Frozen” show at Fantasy Faire – The Royal Theatre’s resident storytellers, Mr. Smythe and Mr. Jones, present the tale of “Frozen” in a fun-filled, fast-paced retelling of the story, featuring their own wacky performances in key roles, along with Anna, Elsa and the Faire Maidens.
- “Mickey’s Soundsational Parade” will once again feature Anna and Elsa in a pre-parade appearances on their own special float when the parade returns on January 7.
- Storybook Land Canal Boats returns later this month with the addition of the fjord-side village of Arendelle, including the stately castle where Anna and Elsa grew up, Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post, and Elsa’s mountaintop ice palace.
Frozen Fun will officially begin at Disney California Adventure Park and Disneyland Park after the near year on January 7, 2015. Sneak peeks at what’s to come will begin Saturday, December 20, 2014. We’ll be sure to bring you updates on the experiences as we approach opening day, so be sure to follow us on social media.
– – –
Experience #FrozenFun this season by booking your Disneyland Resort vacation with Small World Vacations – the official travel agency of DisneyExaminer!
Are you happy that Arendelle has come to the Disneyland Resort? Will you be visiting anytime soon? Would you rather have something else at DCA in its place? Tell us in the comments!