Who loves some good puns? We do! If you’ve been on the Jungle Cruise, you know how clever these skippers can be. So, we decided to compile a list of some of our favorites. Here’s our list of the 10 funniest things skippers say.
10. “Here, we can see many different types of animals, such as the stripe-y pony thing, the long-neck cheetah…and the ones with the horns, those are new. And, of course, those are lions, ’cause if I called them anything else, I’d be lyin’.”
9. “In the water right there is Ginger. Careful though, Ginger snaps. She’s one tough cookie. I know, I know…it’s a ‘crumby’ joke, but I milk it for all I can.”
8. “This right here is a perfect example of why you never get into an argument with a rhino. He’ll always get his point across…in the end.”
7. “It looks like the hippos are trying to charge the boat. Well too bad, I only accept cash.”
6.“And now, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the moment you’ve all been waiting for…the backside of water! O2H! O2H! O2H!”
5.“Here’s Trader Sam. He’s our head salesman in the jungle. He’s got a pretty good deal for you guys today…two of his heads for just one of yours. Either way you slice it, you’ll always come out ahead. That’s a killer deal.”
4.“Oh look, a ‘skull-pture’.”
3.“Look at that boa sitting in a tree, h-i-s-s-i-n-g. First comes love, then comes…asphyxiation…just like every single relationship I’ve ever had. Yeah, it’s funny ’cause you think I’m joking. I’m really lonely, guys.”
2. “Alright folks, we are now entering the Nile, the longest river in the world. It goes on for Niles and Niles and Niles, and if you don’t believe me, then you’re in…*everyone in the boat* DENIAL! *skipper* A BOAT! You’re in a boat! Come on, folks!”
1.”And here, we have our professional elbow-grabbers, folks. Feel free to reject them, they’re used to it.”
There you have it!
Those are our top 10 favorite lines from the Jungle Cruise. The skippers are very “punny” and they know their jokes are bad, but that’s why we go on the ride! If you’ve been on it enough times, you know it starts to feel repetitive. However, every once in a while, there’s a skipper who changes it up.
Cast members continue to play an important role in making memories for guests, and what better way is there to create an unforgettable experience than visiting the Disneyland Resort right now during the Diamond Celebration? Take a ride on the Jungle Cruise and let us know some of your favorite lines!